Pre-Logon Global Protect

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Pre-Logon Global Protect

L3 Networker

Got the pre-logon function working ok.

The problem i have is that it doesn't seem to start quick enough to process login scripts etc.

For example when I log onto my network LAN using the laptop the drives are mapped and i get a pop up announcement message - all standard stuff.

When I then take the laptop off the LAN and connect it to the internet and log in GP starts without any prompts and creates a connection to my network however my pop up and drive mappings fail to display.

Has anyone any suggestions to force GP to load before the Windows processes run?

Thanks

Rod

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

Some further information on why this isn't working...

When the laptop GP pre-logon does not authenticate and I get the following error:

GlobalProtect portal user authentication failed. Login from: *.*.*.*, User name: pre-logon, Reason: Authentication failed: Invalid username or password

However when I log into the PC GP authenticates successfully and everything works as normal.

Problem resolved. Please refer to https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/message/21662#21662

L4 Transporter

I'm having the same issue. The suggested solution doesn't do for me.

I keep getting: 'GlobalProtect portal user authentication failed. Login from: X, User name: pre-logon, Reason: Authentication failed: Invalid username or password .'

However, every now and then pre-logon does authenticate: 'GlobalProtect gateway user login succeeded. Login from: X, User name: pre-logon.'

But I can't draw a clear line why. Notice that failure to log on relates to GP Portal, but log on success relates to GP Gateway...

PAN-OS 5.0.11

GP client 2.0.4

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!