Problem Creating Rule for IKE Traffic

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Problem Creating Rule for IKE Traffic

Not applicable

I think it's my phase II re-key traffic being dropped. I tried to set up a rule source untrust with a specific IP, dest untrust with my Firewall's IP, application IPSEC, service application default, Action Allow.

It never gets hit and my udp/500 traffic gets dropped by my clean-up rule.

I am brand new to Palo Alto and probably don't fully understand apps and services yet. If I turn off the drop rule, everything is fine but that seems to defeat the purpose of the firewall no?

Thanks 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

add IKE to your applications on the VPN rule.

the any/any cleanup rule is blocking intrazone traffic.

-Benjamin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

add IKE to your applications on the VPN rule.

the any/any cleanup rule is blocking intrazone traffic.

-Benjamin

I've a much deeper understanding about the implicit drop rule. I was stiil in CP frame of mind. Folks wanted to see the dropped traffic, hence the rule with screwed up all my intrzone traffic and pushed my down the path of IKE policy things. I've taken out the drop rule (clean-up Rule), explained the situation to my co-workers and developed a pair of rules that will give drop info if needed later on. My PA5020 HA cluster thanks you, I thank you. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!