cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Problem with dynamic update Failed to download file

L0 Member

Hi,

I have a problem with dynamic updates. I see new content version or antivirus, but I cannot download it with message Failed to download file.

Ping to updates.paloaltonetworks.com and downloads.paloaltonetworks.com is working.Service route is Use managment interface for all.

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

Hello,

If you look at the traffic logs do you see the MGMT interface communicating with WAN traffic fine? Is it getting bytes received on various traffic? I forget the exact app-id but I believe its "paloalto-updates" do you see that application in the traffic logs? 

Would also just select "check now" again on the download page again and then try again. Also verify you have an active threat license on the firewall. 

L0 Member

Traffic is ok I see in monitor logs Clipboard_08-08-2024_01.jpg

Threat and advance license is in place. I make on couple fw workaround I download and install content from Panorama but with new content I still see Failed to download file.

Check now is working 

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

In addition to what was already suggested, make sure the security policy that the traffic is using does not have any ssl decryption or threat inspections enabled. This will also prevent updated from downloading.

Regards,

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!