QoS Bandwidth Per User

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

QoS Bandwidth Per User

L2 Linker

I would like to be able to limit our users to a certain amount of bandwidth at a time.  I know I can do this for individual IPs, however is there a way with QoS to basically say, don't allow each individual IP on the network any more than 25Mbps or something along those lines?

As it is now, I am having to setup DHCP reservations when I find a student using too much bandwidth, then individually add that IP to the PAN.

What I was unsure of what is I put "Any" in for the Address will it limit the entire bandwidth to whatever I specified, or will it limit each device to that bandwidth.

As in, if I set it to 25Mbps, will that be a pool for everybody or could each user potentially have that much.

Hope that makes sense.  Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2

L1 Bithead

Hi Kevin;

I just found this article, hope you will find it usefull.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-3158

Warm regards!

Credits to Phoenix

HI murdermanx

Glad that it is being educative and helpful. Thanks for your credits.

Hi Kevin,

The QOS rule matches exactly to what is put in the rule. It would not apply the qos profile for any one not matching the rule and this works just like security rules.

If we specify a set of users in QOS ruls and apply a profile and a qos class that takes effect only for them.

Also if you are looking to enable the Qos only at certain time range surely you can use the schedule feature to enable the qos in that time frame.

Thanks

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!