QoS statistics pop-up no longer shows a graph

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

QoS statistics pop-up no longer shows a graph

L4 Transporter

Anyone come across a situation where the QoS Statistics pop-up dialog no longer shows a graph of traffic?

With PanOS 6.x, this dialog worked great.  With 7.1.x on the PA3020 it worked great.  But With PanOS 7.1.21 on PA500 and PA200, I just get an empty gray area.

Using Google Chrome 72 on Ubunutu Linux 18.04.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

I was just about to reply, but you nailed it.

Not likely ever getting a change in PAN-OS 7, since that version is in a longer release cycle. Changing that UI component would involve a great deal of additional testing, something most people running that older OS version wouldn't want.

In PAN-OS 8.0 and later, QoS is not using flash, so you won't need to worry about it when you are able to upgrade to 8.1. I'd skip 8.0 entirely (other than a hop when upgrading) since it's only got around 9 months before it is End-of-Life.

I've already upgraded my PA-220 (home lab) to 9.0, but here's a screenshot from my GUI with Chrome version 72:

qos.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Aha!  Tested it in Mozilla Firefox 65 and it displays a "Click here to activate Adobe Flash plugin" message.  So, it appears this graph is a Flash app.  Flash is completely dead in in Chrome these days, which is why it's not displaying.

Are there plans to replace this with an HTML5 or similar element?

Can those running PanOS 8+ check if the graph appears for them in Google Chrome:

Network tab --> QoS --> Statistics link

Thanks!

I was just about to reply, but you nailed it.

Not likely ever getting a change in PAN-OS 7, since that version is in a longer release cycle. Changing that UI component would involve a great deal of additional testing, something most people running that older OS version wouldn't want.

In PAN-OS 8.0 and later, QoS is not using flash, so you won't need to worry about it when you are able to upgrade to 8.1. I'd skip 8.0 entirely (other than a hop when upgrading) since it's only got around 9 months before it is End-of-Life.

I've already upgraded my PA-220 (home lab) to 9.0, but here's a screenshot from my GUI with Chrome version 72:

qos.png

I wasn't expecting it to be updated in 7.1.x.  🙂  But good to hear it's been changed in 8+.

I believe the plan is to keep running 7.1.x through the rest of this school year.  There are plans underway for replacing our PA200s and PA500s with PA220s this summer, so we'll be going with 8.1 (possibly 9.0) at that time.

Thanks for the confirmation.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!