Question about vlans/Router on a stick.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Question about vlans/Router on a stick.

L2 Linker

I'm looking to configure a Palo as a router on a stick for a site to replace a decrepid Cisco 1811r router. The only printed information I can find is a 4.x document with pretty dissimilar UI images.

I've configured mutliple subinterfaces underneath my primary trusted interface, each one is tagged with the vlan tags being used on the L2 switches, and all are bound to the virtual router. The connected switch interface will be trunked.

Do I need to actually define unique Zones, or like Tunnels, can I just put them all in the "Trusted" Zone if I don't care about intervlan security?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

You can put them into single zone.

If you permit traffic from Trust zone to Trust zone then no further policy is needed then.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!