Questions about internal gateway

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Questions about internal gateway

L4 Transporter

Hello everyone,

I have questions about global protect internal gateway.

What difference are between tunnel mode and non tunnel mode on internal gateway?

Encrypted? or Something?

If customer does not use external gateway, Can I set external gateway instead of internal gateway purpose for accessing internal resources?

Because my customer feel heavy to pay portal license.

I need assistance to impress them why have to buy portal license and what benefit.

KC Lee

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

KC

Tunnel mode will establish IPSEC/SSL tunnel between the gateway and the client, this is usually used with External Gateways, but for internal gateways usually they don't use tunnel mode and it is used for userid and hip check. Also, for tunnel mode an extra header will be added to the packet

You can use the external gateway, just make sure the interface is your inside interface (LAN) which is accessible by the users

Let me know if you have any more questions

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

L4 Transporter

KC

Tunnel mode will establish IPSEC/SSL tunnel between the gateway and the client, this is usually used with External Gateways, but for internal gateways usually they don't use tunnel mode and it is used for userid and hip check. Also, for tunnel mode an extra header will be added to the packet

You can use the external gateway, just make sure the interface is your inside interface (LAN) which is accessible by the users

Let me know if you have any more questions

wow that altaware site does a better job of describing Palo and GP than Palo itself does

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!