Questions about Palo Alto VM Series 30 day trial

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Questions about Palo Alto VM Series 30 day trial

L0 Member

I have the PA 30 day eval VM loaded in ESXi but have a few questions:

- the company I work for is a PA partner. After filling out the request form it took almost a month before I received an email saying "Here is your VM series trial link". A friend of mine requested the Eval using a non-partner PA account about 2 weeks ago and hasn't heard anything. What gives?

- It looks as tho I can configure the VM PA and commit changes but when I try Device>Software it comes back with "Operation Failed. No update information available". I can ping updates.paloaltonetworks.com from the CLI

- can I create a second VM PA using the same 30 day trial? Or is it a one use per download thing?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Did you press "Check Now" button at the bottom of the page?

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

Doh! Thanks. But after clicking "Check Now" I get "The device is not found or not registered. Please try after some time." I then tried to register the VM using the serial on PA support but it comes back with "Serial number does not exist". Maybe I need to open a support case?

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

When you deploy virtual Palo it does not have serial number.

After you register it under VM auth codes using CPUID and UUID serial is generated.

If you then search this serial number in support portal under "Assets > Devices" does it pop up?

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!