"Your company requires multifactor authentication"?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

"Your company requires multifactor authentication"?

L2 Linker

Just registered (created an account) on this community and was greeted with "Your company requires multifactor authentication", emphasis on "your company":

kindzma_1-1688589593103.png

By "you company", does it mean Palo Alto, or some other company?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @kindzma ,

I would say this is probably unintentional mistake by using old "template".

Long ago MFA for Customer Support Portal (CSP) was optional and every company had the option to choose if it should require users to use MFA or not.

However Palo Alto decided to made MFA mandatory for all CSP accounts - https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClN9CAK 

I cannot find any resource, but I remember there was some link (or was an email) that explained that MFA is now mandatory for all and you don't have option to create account without.

Back to your question...I would describe it as old template when MFA was optionally enabled by your company, but actually now it is enforeced by Palo Alto.

Thanks Aleksandar!

(Mine isn't a CSP account though - just a community account using a personal email address. There was an option to create a CSP account at the sign up stage, or purely a community one, and I chose the latter.)

P.S. + this MFA implementation seems to be a pain: asks for a code every time I login despite allowing all their cookies.

Hey @kindzma ,

All PAN portals are using some kind of SSO, so you are using same account for accessing LiveCommunity, Beacon, CSP, Hub and etc.

So above applies for community account as well, you just don't have access to CSP.

You do need to provide MFA once you login, but cookies should keep you log in. I just tested to close my browser and re-open it and I was still logged in, so your issue should be with something else.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!