cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Radius Authentication and NPS

L1 Bithead

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble configuring palo alto with a Radius NPS server. Basically we do not want to use chap protocols to avoid enabling reversible password. So we wanted to use EAP-TLS but it does not seem compatible with Palo Alto. Then after some research we noticed that palo alto recommended to enable PAP protocol here https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClGMCA0

However i don't get it. Would not that mean that the password will be in clear in the network ? What would the best practice be to map palo alto to a radius server ?

Thank yu

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Looks like that is a pretty old article. I think we set this up a while ago using a secure protocol. I would give it a try and use what the newer NPS server supports.

Regards,

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!