Root certificate install

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Root certificate install

L2 Linker

If I install a new certificate why does the root certificate have to be installed as well with it (well that is what I saw on a demo) ? I thought the root certificate was needed more on the client side or other firewall connecting to the one I'm referring to. I may be misunderstanding something. 

Also I will be requesting new certificates to replace ones that will expire soon. I can see 'renew' button/link. In what scenarios would this link/button work and what scenarios would I manually have to get a replacement certificate and upload it to the firewall ? 

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Are you referring to GlobalProtect certificate?

Palo has built in root certificates that it trusts (Device > Certificates > Default Trusted Certificate Authorities).

If your CA is not in the list you need to import it.

It is good practice to incorporate intermediate certificate and your GlobalProtect certificate together into single file before import.

Otherwise all will work but you get notification if you run ssllabs test that additional cert needed to be downloaded.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!