Route check on PA firewall - Longest match not there??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Route check on PA firewall - Longest match not there??

L4 Transporter

Hello Experts

I want to check which route is matching for some host IP like 10.155.7.33, so I can check the outgoing interface and destination zone for policy lookup. When I run the command “show routing route destination 10.155.7.33/32”, it is showing nothing. Although I have matching route 10.115.7.0/24 in the routing table. 

Kindly help !

5 REPLIES 5

L6 Presenter

Use traceroute command

Thanks. Unfortunately traceroute is not allowed on firewall. For outgoing self traffic of firewall, like ping/traceroute, should I need intra-zone policy to allow source address: self ip of firewall, destination: any ?

But surprisingly, show routing route command does not show matching route. Strange ! or I am missing something

Appreciated your reply

Hi,

intra-zone traffic is permitted by default on FW. Self-traffic is not scanned by security policies, so if it is destined to the FW or initiated by FW. 

Cheers 

Hello

In our fw, intra-zone policies are blocked so In this case I need to create explicit rules for traffic destined to the FW or initiated by FW?

Appreciated your reply

L4 Transporter

The "show" command would only find something if you had a route exactly for 10.155.7.33/32.

However, what you want to use is the "test" command:

test routing fib-lookup virtual-router default ip <destination-ip>

Output will show which route matches this destination IP address.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!