routed interfaces in vsys1 and virtual wire config in vsys2 possible ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

routed interfaces in vsys1 and virtual wire config in vsys2 possible ?

L0 Member

Hi all,

I've not found a conclusive answer in the config guide - although it stands to reason to assume the answer is "yes".

In a multi vsys environment can I have a regular deployment in vsys1 (i.e. routed interfaces acting as DGW for my secured vlans) and a bump_in_the wire (vwire) deployment in vsys2 on two dedicated interfaces?

Thanks in advance.

Rik

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@DatacenterNX  yes, it goes to reason that you could use 2 vsys for that.

My question is why?  There is more CPU load on the FW with processing the traffic with the 2 vsys.

I guess if you have a fast firewall, you may not notice this.

So my question is.. why cannot you have the 2 vsys interfaces in vsys1?  I have many customers that mix/match L3 and Vwire in the same vsys.  I am sure there is a logical reason, and inquiring minds want to know.  😛

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!