Running Minemeld on CentOS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Running Minemeld on CentOS

L1 Bithead

Is there any plans to package this up to be installed on CentOS? I am using it curently in AWS for dev but would like to bring it in-house for production and currently our Linux team only supports Rhel/CentOS.

12 REPLIES 12

L7 Applicator

Hi AlexZ,

it is definitely possible to install MineMeld on CentOS but packages are not there yet. Currently on Ubuntu native packages are only used to create the directory layout of the VM and provide a simple basic config for the services required for MineMeld, like nginx, rabbitmq and redis.

If your time would be interested, I can share all the details about the Ubuntu packages this way they can create their own CentOS pacakges.

luigi

Yes I would love to work through that with you.

Hi AlexZ,

great ! I will start working on documenting the layout of the VM with the different files involved.

Hi there,

Just found this topic which is exactly what I was looking for as well.

I wonder if you guys had any progress with this?

Thanks,

Lior

Hi @lior_bp,

no much progress so far, could running MineMeld inside docker on CentOS be a viable solution ?

Absolutely!
Any chance you could guide me through that?

Sure:

docker pull jtschichold/minemeld

Check the docker-compose file here for details about suggested volumes and tmpfs mounts:

https://github.com/jtschichold/minemeld-docker/blob/master/docker-compose.yml

Thank you!

It works like a charm! I wonder why so many "unstable" warnings appear on that git...

Hi @lior_bp,

just because it started as a side project and it is not as widely tested in production as MineMeld in a full instance, but it is quite stable now and supported.

Hi @lior_bp,

just fixed in 0.9.30 an issue with Dockerfile of 0.9.28. This should impact the container when used with docker-compose. Please backup config before upgrading to 0.9.30. @nbilal

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/MineMeld-Discussions/What-s-new-in-MineMeld-0-9-30/m-p/130763#M...

Cool!

Thanks! 🙂

L7 Applicator

Experimental CentOS 7 support has been added to MineMeld Ansible playbook. This means you can now run MineMeld CentOS 7, but automatic upgrade are not supported yet.

Details here:

https://github.com/PaloAltoNetworks/minemeld-ansible

• 12 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!