Schedules

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Schedules

Not applicable

Hi,

with schedules, do they apply to the policy or just URL filters?

I am trying to block certain apps at certain times, I just want to confrm in my mind that schedules are applied to the whole policy, effectively switching it on or off at times?

Also we have wireless users and I want to switch off their connectivity at say 2130hrs.

Would the policy look like this

Wireless Kill on Time
Inside
Outside
Wireless Users
elmhurst\students
any
any
any
none

Am I right in say this would kill wireless access to the internet?

Thanks

Darren

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Darren,

It depends on your rule set - because you might have many rules for when access is allowed via Wireless, but only one for the deny at a certain time.  In this scenario I would configure the rules as "normal" with no schedule applied.  Then a rule above all of the wireless security rules that has a schedule to come in and deny.

Thanks James

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi Darren,

Yes, the schedules apply to the entire rule within the policy set - meaning schedules can be applied to security schedules as you desire, but also to QoS and PBF rules.

From what I understand from the rule below, users obtaining the Wireless IP Subnet AND in the students group will be matched.  The action can then be block - this rule will of course need to go near the top.

Good luck!

James

So if a rule one is active then on schedule it becomes deactivated, to negate users getting passed this I would need to replicate the rule but with a deny on it.

Is that correct?

Hi Darren,

It depends on your rule set - because you might have many rules for when access is allowed via Wireless, but only one for the deny at a certain time.  In this scenario I would configure the rules as "normal" with no schedule applied.  Then a rule above all of the wireless security rules that has a schedule to come in and deny.

Thanks James

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!