Script to switch on/off captive portal by script

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Script to switch on/off captive portal by script

L3 Networker

Hi,

I'm still interested in finding a solution to manage my PA500 captive portal feature to switch on and off during certain times of the day.  I have heard in another setting that one can switch captive portal on and off from a script.  Which commands would such a script include for a safe and 'best practice' enabling and disabling of CP?

Once being successful in managing this from a script I assume that it is possible to have these CP on / off scripts run at predetermined times of the day (or even better, somehow link them to a defined schedule).  

Thank a lot for help on this (for me, important) issue 🙂

best regards Tor

1 REPLY 1

L6 Presenter

One way would be to schedule an external box connected to your mgmt-interface to issue a XML API command towards your PA (that is a local cronjob issues this box to through XML API change the config and commit on your PA) - but this would add an external dependency.

I dont know if you can schedule such thing from within PA. Specially since the captive portal isnt setup through a security rule (if im not mistaken) - otherwise it should be able to schedule it that way (that the security rule is only valid a specific time of the day).

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!