Scripting

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Scripting

L4 Transporter

Who can provide me with a from scratch python script to create a new firewall rule? Im not looking to use pandevice or any of Palo Alto modules on github (my compnay will not allow us it import and use it.) Looking of a script that doesn't use pandevice as AWS Lambda equally doesnt support it. Or would it be best to contact my PA Account person and speak with development personnel?

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@clyde.franklin,

Any particular reason that it has to be a python script? I get not utilizing tools if you can't clone the git registry but from what I know most people who are running python scripts rely on one of the modules or pandevice to do so. 

Reasoning being  is that Im looking to use AWS Lambda to run  the actual scripts. But seeing if I can get modules impoted as well

@clyde.franklin,

You should be able to build out a deployment package that allows you to utilize any module that you want. 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!