Setting Up PA220 for Home

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Setting Up PA220 for Home

L0 Member

Hi,

I'm trying to get my PA220 up for my home use.

Right now it's plugged into a router, and I am plugging a laptop into the second ethernet port.

I went through instructions here:

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClFkCAK

My laptop gets an IP of 192.168.1.2, but when I try to connect to any site in Chrome, it times out.

Any recommendations on troubleshooting? I looked in the System logs for the PA220 and it's getting assigned an IP via DHCP, but other requests are not showing up in any of the logs tabs.

Help?

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@NLee5,

Look at your traffic logs on the firewall. Do you see the proper egress interface being recorded and do you see the NAT Source IP showing? This would help validate that you have routing and NAT setup properly at the very least. 

So it turns out that plugging the firewall ethernet 1/1 into my router wasn't properly assigning DHCP. I have it into a switch and it went through.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!