Setup VPN Global Protect DynDNS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

L4 Transporter

Dear community:

Good afternoon, is it feasible to be able to configure VPN access with Global Protect, on a Palo Alto with the following scenario:

Palo Alto with:
-Public IP Dynamically ( DHCP )
-Firewall configured with the DynDNS service.
-FQDN provided by DynDNS ( vpnaccessgprotect.dynalias.net )

Please confirm if the Global Protect configuration with DynDNS services is feasible and supported.

Thank you very much to all, best regards

High Sticker
4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

While I havent done it, it should be possible, yes.

Regards,

@OtakarKlier 

Hello, thank you very much for your reply.

One doubt, in the configuration of the GP Portal, in the Ipv4 Address parameter, where you normally put the Public IP, in my case I have a dynamic IP with DHCP (with DynDNS services) I will have to put "NONE".

I remain attentive, thank you very much, best regards

None_GP.JPG

High Sticker

L7 Applicator

Yes, this is possible. I use it exactly like you are asking. In addition to that, I use my own dns domain where I have created a CN recort that points to the dyndns domain.

L5 Sessionator

Yes, this is possible, and is how I use my Palo NGFW. The IPv4 GP Portal tab will show "NONE" if interface address is DHCP, this is expected behavior.

Here's an example configuration.

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!