Site to site VPN issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Site to site VPN issue

L4 Transporter

Folks.

I have an issue with some site-to-site configurations that is bugging the cr*p out of me, and I thought I'd post it here.

I run some site-to-site VPN's (Palo Alto to Cisco 887 routers) which come up fine, but which seem to defy *all* configuration with respect to IpSec SA lifetime.

As far as I can tell, I've configured a 12 hour (43200 second) lifetime, yet when the IPSec is negotiated, I get this in the logs.

IPSec key installed. Installed SA: www.xxx.yyy.zzz[500]-aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd[500] SPI:0x8AA8C96C/0x49847307 lifetime 3600 Sec lifesize 4608000 KB.

Note the "3600 Sec" lifetime - which is only 1 hour.

Now, this is not a real big deal - apart from adding extra lines into my logs, it's not a real hassle - but it's just peeving me off that I can't solve it.

Is there anywhere else I should look for lifetime settings besides the "IPSec Crypto" setting int he network configuration?

Thanks

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Never mind, found the issue - had to tweak the Cisco end a bit to get it to accept the additional time frame parameters.

All good now. No more excessive log entries!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

Never mind, found the issue - had to tweak the Cisco end a bit to get it to accept the additional time frame parameters.

All good now. No more excessive log entries!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!