Site Visited User Report by Time.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Site Visited User Report by Time.

L1 Bithead

Hi,

We have migrated from WebMarshal to using the PaloAlto and can generate most of the reports we need to except for a report that shows the time spent on a Website by a user over a selected period of time.  This is quite handy to see who is really time wasting.  If this report is possible can someone please assist with configuring it.  Also if it is there but I can't find it please point me in the right direction!

Thanks in advance

Jason

1 REPLY 1

L6 Presenter

My best guess is that it cannot create such report unless you add some sort of estimate for how long an ongoing session will be.

The data a PA will save is the lifetime of a single session. A session is either a tcp-session or a udp session regarding TTL settings.

This gives that unless keepalive is being used on the http server the client will have multiple (tcp)sessions towards this webserver during a single visit (or rather a single visit where the client is browsing around on this particular site). So there is (as far as I know) no data stored in the PA to determine if the client visited this site at 12:00 and at 12:10 used the same browser session or if it is one person browsing from this client at 12:00 and at 12:10 it was someone else (with a different browser but from the same client ip) who visited the same site.

I guess contacting your Sales Engineering and suggest this report type as a feature request would be something good to do because I guess more will request the same thing (specially from those who replace a webproxy with a PA device).

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!