Slow network traffic after deploying PAN 2020 device

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Slow network traffic after deploying PAN 2020 device

Not applicable

We are experiencing a gradual change in our network speed since we deploy an Inline PAN 2020, the internet connection has slowly dicreased, is there any particular test or place where I can go to verify that the PAN device is not the reazon of this change? I have checked our network speed from the ISP link directly and we have a 20/20

Our network topollogy is:

ISP link ====> DMZ switch ====> Cisco ASA====>PAN2020====>6509E switch====>users

Testing directly from the DMZ switch to the Internet we get a speed of 20/20, testing from the 6509E we get a 0.549 Mbps up and 1.73 Mbps down.

Thanks

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hi,

Would you run show interface to see if there is any errors/drops? Also check show session info to understand more about the current box traffic.

I will recommend you to get support involved as they maybe able to solve the problem easily with more diret touch to your environment.

Regards,

Jones

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Hi,

Would you run show interface to see if there is any errors/drops? Also check show session info to understand more about the current box traffic.

I will recommend you to get support involved as they maybe able to solve the problem easily with more diret touch to your environment.

Regards,

Jones

Not applicable

How are you testing your speeds?

Thanks for the tip, You've got to love CLI, I ran the show interface all and find out that 4 out of 6 interfaces that I'm using are configured to half duplex, I will change the duplex to full and test again but I have to wait pass business hours since this device is in production environment, can not afford any down time.

Luis Cabrera

What a good news  🙂

Hi Sesus

Regarding your question, I use a free online test, here is the link  testmyspeed dot com make sure you use the tab "start speed test" and not the green "free scan"

I tested first from a pc in the network and then from the DMZ switch that is directly connected to the ISP router

Luis

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!