SMB Mid-Market Competitors

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SMB Mid-Market Competitors

L1 Bithead

Hello All,

About 2 weeks ago and in the forth coming weeks, the key target area for me will be the PA-400 series and the PA-14xx series as we shall be focusing on the SMB / SME / Mid-Market sector.

However as I have worked in this area for 15+, I am aware you have you SonicWall, Watchguard, DrayTek, ZyXEL are heavy lifters in the UK market. Our PA-400 range has a vast amount of options, CDSS services, in-line functions, etc , etc but when the market is already loaded with the above vendors how have similiar functions built into their technology how do we compete.

I am aware the PA-440 and PA-1400 have enterprise functions sitting in the SMB space as I am running my my own PA-415, but on price and market share with wallet expense its hard to qualify and compete.

What are other technies using to compete in this competive space, how are you all providing demos to the SMB MSP / MSSP 

If a customer askes you all for a demo, what are the key tools and functions your demonstrating?

Look Forward to hearing from you

From jatin patel

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Its tough to explain to a non tech person the benefits and why their current products have less features and protection. I would also love to know some tactics etc, however I tend to use analogies that relate to the person and their business. If a doctors office, I just compare it something like, if you needed heard surgery, would you go to the lowest priced person or the best? One thing I have been thinking about when starting my own consulting service would be something like having several levels of support:

1: Setup a VPN through my Palo Alto and I'll protect it that way

2: I'll set it up on site and walk away

3: I'll set it up onsite and support on demand and updates etc.

Something like that. But havent fully written it out yet.

Cheers!

L1 Bithead

Hi,

Thank you for the reply to my post,

One of the major issues we have with the PA-400 series in the Uk, is, the cost is relativity high and very expensive. for example if you compare a PA to a middle market product such as Draytek 2962 or a DrayTek Vigor 3912, these (Draytek) prices are more than half the cost compared to a Palo Alto PA-400 series.

Then similiar to Sonicwall and Watchguard, we are all aware there has been a strong competition with Fortinet which to my experience will always be 50/50.

My point to partners is a Tier 1 Vendor, Enterprise Grade technology in a mid-market variation product line catered for the SMB / SME audience with in-line cloud based ML technology.

Feedback welcome.

From Jatin

• 2 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!