SNMP Paloalto

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SNMP Paloalto

L1 Bithead

Hello !

I want to do snmp polling to a palo alto firewall, but not using any management "software" (like zabbix). I'm trying to do it via bash command snmpget, in which i pass the object OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2.1 (CPU util on the management plane). Something like this:

# snmpget -v 2c -c public 192.168.100.1 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2.1

In which 192.168.100.1 is the firewall interface addr. The problem is that there is no response, it always gives me timeout. Could someone here give me a light if there is a easier way to do for a paloalto firewall? 

Thanks =]

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Did you configure SNMP in these two areas:  

Device / Setup / Operations / SNMP Setup

Device / Setup / Interfaces / Management / SNMP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Did you configure SNMP in these two areas:  

Device / Setup / Operations / SNMP Setup

Device / Setup / Interfaces / Management / SNMP

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

To add to @jvalentine post, I would highly recommend using snmp v3 instead of v2 for security reasons.

Cheers!

L1 Bithead

It was kinda my bad haha, i was using the wrong community name for the firewall 😜

Thanks for the help though =]

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!