Software Upgrade

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Software Upgrade

Not applicable

Hi Everyone - I have a 4050 HA pair (4.0.12), 2050 HA pair (5.0.1) and several 500's (5.0.3).  I am looking to upgrade the software on all firewalls but have had issues (typically high CPU and memory issues) with all these versions of code.  Can you recommended a stable version of code?  Does anyone have a similar set up (with the HA clusters) and a recommendation for code?

Thanks!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Recommended and a stable release is 5.0.9

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

L5 Sessionator

Recommended and a stable release is 5.0.9

5.0.10 not stable?  Can anyone input on this?

I have pushed a PA 4020 that we have in tap mode (we throw a ton of data at it) to 5.0.10 and it's been solid. The User-ID agent was freaking out and reconnecting a bunch when we first did it, but that settled down.

"Uptime    13 days, 19:56:25" on the PA4020

L4 Transporter

we use 5.0.5 for 5020-cluster and its stable and reliable since then

uptime 228 days

RE: 5.0.10 not stable?  Can anyone input on this?

5.0.10 has proven to be a stable release thus far however, we allow each release time in the field before recommending them as a stable release. 

I have one pair of 5060 running 5.0.10, so far so good.  I have another 5 pair of 5060 running 5.0.7, and there are memory leak problem with mgmtsrtr process. 

E

@nextgenhappiness, thanks.  So in HA no problems?

Frank the recently released 5.0.11 fixed some serious issues in 5.0.10's handling of HA. I pushed my PA 4020 to 5.0.11 today, so I can't speak to 5.0.11's stability at this point.

I would recommend you at least take a look at the fixes in 5.0.11.... there are some red flags in there that's making me avoid 5.0.10 like the plague.

I thought that after a year of 5.0 being out and the tenth minor revision, Palo Alto would have it together in terms of release stability, but apparently not 😕

• 1 accepted solution
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!