source nat with dual ISP configuration having issue.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

source nat with dual ISP configuration having issue.

L3 Networker

Hi,

am running panos 4.1.7 on PA-500 , recently i configure two isp on the pa500 for redundancy , i followed the procedure in DOC-3579  everything is fine except for the source nat policy when clicking on commit , it returns that nat rule1 shadows rule2 which leads to after a failover occurs the source nat for primary isp is taking precedence over the source nat for the secondary isp ,, am having a flat network two internet connections very simple and basic setup .

br.

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

Is it possible for you to post your config?

Not applicable

Hi,

Did you try the DOC-1357?, you can search the keyword "Dual ISP Branch Office Configuration" to find the document.

On the other hand, If you are using the Mgmt Port for your management, I highly recommend you upgrade your box to PanOS to 4.1.8 HF1 / HF3 because 4.1.7 has  a bug which you cannot access the PA box via SSH / https until the box rebooted.

Rgd,

Kim

L6 Presenter

I believe the NAT rules are not setup correctly. You NAT rules should be as shown below

Capture.PNG

Since your destination interfaces are different in both the rules then you should not get "shadow " error during the commit. I think you are missing the destination interface in the NAT rules.

Thanks,

Sandeep T

thanks sandeep i believe this is the issue ill try it and test again.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!