speedtest is not correctly identified with and without decryption 10.2.4 latest app-id

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

speedtest is not correctly identified with and without decryption 10.2.4 latest app-id

L3 Networker

hi guys, 

I searched through and it looks like it's an know issue that speedtest.net is not correctly identified by app-id 

I use app -default setting on the policy 

The policy cannot  really see speedtest.net's traffic and identifies  the traffic as ssl, speedtest uses customer port tcp 8080 which is obviously not part of ssl app id defined by pal alto 

to bypass i have added under service custom port 8080 tcp and app as ssl, not speedtest app id as it was not identified and working  anyway  - it works this way 

but later on I have enabled ssl decryption for testing purposes, hoping  that the app will be correctly identified byt the firewall, however it did not work, palo alto still sees  speedtest .net as pure ssl traffic 

what can be a problem?

thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi @nevolex ,

You can submit an application to Palo. 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

I don't see traffic to 8080 when I run speedtest.net

Raido_Rattameister_0-1682019440751.png

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!