SSL Decrypt Problem with Chrome

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SSL Decrypt Problem with Chrome

L4 Transporter

Hello all,

We are having some problems with SSL Decrypt with Chrome. When we try to connect to some pages appears certificate error that I attached.error.png

I have PanOS 7.1.8 and only occurred this with Chrome. Know somebody how I can fix this problem ?

Kind Regards

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker

Do you have your decryption cert installed in the machines trusted root certificate authorities?

The thing I've noticed with Chrome in a recent version update is that if you don't have your decryption cert installed it will not let you bypass the decryption errors to go to a google.com owned site.

-Brad

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@SOC_CSG,

If your decryption cert is SHA1 and you are not actively installing the cert as trusted on your device then it is still going to be giving the same error.

L4 Transporter

Hello all,

Yes, we have installed decrypt cert on the machines but the problem persists. Its possible we need to create new certificate (more secure than SHA1) and install it againt on the hosts.

L1 Bithead

We have this problem as well.  Appears to be only on Windows 10 for us.  Windows 7 and Chrome work fine with decryption on.  If I turn off decryption Chrome starts working.  We also tried dropping chrome back to verson 56 and that worked.  I will also try recreating the cert for decryption and see what happens.

=Steve

L0 Member

Hi,

We had the same problem here. Creating a new cert without SHA1 solved the issue.

Elmar

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!