SSL Inbound Decryption and Certificate with Wildcard mask

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SSL Inbound Decryption and Certificate with Wildcard mask

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is staying home and Safe.

I need to import the certificate and the private keys to the firewall from the web servers.

We have this certificate say 

*.city.ca and this is associated with few websites like 

maps.city.ca. or recruiting.city.ca

All these urls have same public IP address say 209.x.x.x

When I import the certificate *.calgary.ca to PA. with private key it should be fine right?

Also for decryption policy I will put destination address as 209.x.x.x and then PA should  decrypt the traffic for all the urls as they point to

same IP address right?

Regards

MP

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@MP18,

Everything you just described should work perfectly fine without issue as long as you match the ciphers with the server so that you don't have a cipher mismatch. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@MP18,

Everything you just described should work perfectly fine without issue as long as you match the ciphers with the server so that you don't have a cipher mismatch. 

Hi BPry,

Many thanks for confirming this as it is good to confirm with you as I am going to do this change is next few days.

Best Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!