SSL VPN and iPhone OS 4.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SSL VPN and iPhone OS 4.0

L4 Transporter

I was looking at the new specs for the 4.0 code of the iPhone OS, and saw that they were opening up the SSL VPN function to Juniper and Cisco.

Any chance Palo Alto is working on a NetConnect app for the iPhone?

http://www.apple.com/iphone/business/preview-iphone-os/

58 REPLIES 58

Hi Lee,

as far as I see the 4.0 doesn't have any iPhone or mobile support in Global Protect/Net Connect.

Is it in roadmap? The other competitor already have mobile and apple mobile support...

Thanks so much

You are correct.  PAN-OS 4.0 does not have additional support for mobile devices, such as Apple iOS or Android-based phones/tablets.  Here is a link to a related thread:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/message/5069#5069

The answer I provided in that thread has not yet changed.  We are investigating the possibility of adding this to our release targeted for the second half of 2010, but we are still validating some key assumptions.  I should have a better idea in a few weeks.

Thanks,

Lee

Not applicable

Any news about iOS support?

Have we any Start Project  day?

Count us in on this.  This is definitely needed for any major mobile devices.  I use the iPad and iPhone, but definitely needs to be available for Andriod and Win7 Phone to.

As far as I'm concerned, this is something that needs to be addressed and communicated often to customers about what the status is.

L0 Member

Agreed this is required functionality to have as we are moving forward full throttle with  iOS/Android devices both company owned and personal that will need to be able to connect in remotely.

L3 Networker

add us in also for iPhone/iPad and Android SSL VPN support.

thanks.

L0 Member

I ditto the previous statements, we are in the process of migrating all of our Cisco IPSec/Juniper SSL VPN clients over and to our dismay there is not an iOS or Android client similar to JunOS Pulse or the Cisco Any Connect clients in the either app stores. Please escalate the need to upper management.

What's the latest update on mobile device support VPN on PAN devices?

Thanks.

This work is in process, but KnowledgePoint is not the best place for disseminating product roadmap details.  Please contact your local Palo Alto Networks sales team for additional details.

Thanks,

Lee

Wow,

I'm a fairly new customer and was searching knowledgepoint for answers.  So, what I just got out of this is that I need to call my salesperson for mobile vpn questions.  I realize you are talking about a roadmap, but typically I search kb articles etc., to see if there are any work arounds, etc...

I do want to add my ditto to this thread though.  PaloAlto isn't the only company that seems to either be dragging their feet when it comes to mobile access, or just doesn't care.  An occasional update giving even a general date on when you plan to maybe, possibly, think about starting development helps.

Add us to the list of companies requiring iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile VPN access. We have internal services and websites like others have mentioned. Lack of mobile connectivity almost persuaded us to go with another vendor, even though that would be a step down in overall functionality. Your devices are expensive, and now we have added cost of VPN concentrator, as well as the IT time to configure it all. It seems pretty clear that mobile devices are huge right now.

Interesting to note that it's been 1 year and 1 day since this issue was first brought up.

Have to say - I really would have hoped for more progress in a year.....

Good luck with the office move on the 16th...

I just hope you guys don't need to rely on using mobile devices whilst you are doing it!!!

Smiley Happy

Jeff

I have heard there is something in the works, and the way they are doing it really shocked me that's it possible.

Not applicable

already voiced this request to the Sales a year ago, no update

I've heard from  PA rep in the UK that ssl vpn client for apple (only) devices will be out around September 2011.

Fingers crosses as we've been waiting for this for a long time.

Rod

• 58 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!