SSL VPN and iPhone OS 4.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SSL VPN and iPhone OS 4.0

L4 Transporter

I was looking at the new specs for the 4.0 code of the iPhone OS, and saw that they were opening up the SSL VPN function to Juniper and Cisco.

Any chance Palo Alto is working on a NetConnect app for the iPhone?

http://www.apple.com/iphone/business/preview-iphone-os/

58 REPLIES 58

L2 Linker

From what I've heard, support for iOS will come in PAN-OS v4.1.  That was scheduled for Sept. but according to an engineer I talked to this week, they are now looking at the end of this year for it's release.  :smileyplain:

As Lee mentioned earlier in this thread, KnowledgePoint is not the place for product roadmap information. We are happy to discuss future plans under NDA as needed. Contact your Palo Alto Networks sales team to set this up if it is important to you.

Mike

hi

i'm also eagerly waiting for mobile device support...   september is almost over.. but if they can come up with something before year end, that'll still be fantastic (xmas gift for us mobile users?)...

- ron

Not applicable

We are also waiting. The product is meaningless without tablet support.

From what hear it will be part of 4.1 realease. Hopefully sometime soon.

Not applicable

We are going to need an app for this soon. The requests are beginning to pour in.

From what I've heard, 4.1 may be out by end of November...  :smileycool:

4.1 is out, doesn't look like it support iphone or ipads,  too bad Smiley Sad

From the Software Update doc:

Apple iOS Support – Apple iOS devices can now establish IPSec connections using the native iOS IPSec client to a GlobalProtect gateway.

When they say Global Protect Gateway, is that something different than the SSL-VPN that's in there now?  We don't have to buy Global Protect for this, correct?  Hopefully they have some instructions for this somewhere.

Also, the other question is will this support Android devices?  From what I had heard it would, but not be officially supported at this time...

They've intergrated GlobalProtect and NetConnect now. I would read over the 4.1 release notes. That should clear up and questions.

is there a howto? I don't get the portal up....i must miss something.

I need classic SSL VPN with OS4.1 and IPsec XAuth

I'll be setting it up the same way.  I'm going to wait at least a couple of weeks before installing 4.1 though.  Been burned too many times lately...

A tech note detailing the steps for iOS connectivity is now posted in the tech docs section. Take a look and feel free to post if you run into issues.

Tech Docs

Mike

Got this set up and working today. No problems at all and quite easy to set up. now connecting via my iPad VPN clinet to my network. All good.

• 58 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!