SSL-VPN Cliente Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SSL-VPN Cliente Update

L4 Transporter

Hi, i want to upgrade my SSL-VPN client in my PA and I have a couple of questions regarding how it will affect the user..

Update the client SSL-VPN. Users who use this type of connection will receive some notice to update the client, when you try to connect for the first time after the upgrade? they will need to update theis SSL-VPN clients?

thanks a lot

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

Hi

The end users will be prompted for upgrade when a new version of agent is available. The “transparent” option will automatically download the newer version of agent when available without prompting the user for upgrade.

cleint upgrade.JPG

For more information, refer to the page 12 of the Global Protect Tech note:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/2020-102-19-14175/GlobalProtect-Co...

Best regards,

Karthik RP

We are using SSL-VPN, no global protect. So i dont have that 2 options Smiley Sad

you better read that document

L5 Sessionator

If i recall correctly once you activate the new version the users will be prompted to either upgrade to the newer version or not but i am not sure.

Also for the new users they will have to go to the https://ssl-vpn-ip-address to download the client.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks

Numan

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!