SSL web-browsing traffic being labelled as "adobe-creative-cloud-base" application

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

SSL web-browsing traffic being labelled as "adobe-creative-cloud-base" application

L1 Bithead

Hi,

We have an issue where almost all our SSL traffic is being labelled as "adobe-creative-cloud-base" application.

Even me browsing this site with Chrome is showing as this Application.

Any ideas?

I'm very new to Palo. Love it so far.

Cheers

Stu

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Can you check that there is nothing set under Policy >Application override

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

We have to find out if that traffic is actually a "adobe-creative-cloud-base" or not. even if you are trying to do a web-browsing it will not consider that traffic as web-browsing. Let say you are using facebook so it is actually as SSL port 443 traffic and you are doing a web-browsing but PA firewall will find out what kind of application it is and it will classify it as facebook application.

Check the following link as well.

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/technologies/app-id

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the responce Pankaj. 

I can confirm it is not this application in most cases. I and most of the users here do not have anything adobe running and not connecting to Adobe sites.

Using your example - When I browse facebook, this site, gmail etc or anything on https. It is labelling the Application as "adobe-creative-cloud-base".

It appears to be doing this on only one of our Networks/Rules. "Corporate_Network_Policy"

CapturePAN.JPG

Below is me browsing this "live.paloaltonetworks.com" In Google Chrome

CaptureP2.JPG

Can you check that there is nothing set under Policy >Application override

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

Thank you Raido!

No idea why someone configured that 😕

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!