SSL website and other issues.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

SSL website and other issues.

Not applicable

Good morning, I am new to a company and a palo alto box (2020 running 3.1.7) was implemented before I started.  Ive been playing around with the firewall and we have been having several issues so bare with me.  Example of an issue we are experiencing is that a user goes to Sprint.com and wants to log into the website to manage their account.  When they try to log in its kicked over to HTTPS and it just hangs there thinking with a blank webpage.  The only fix ive been able to find is to add the *.sprint.com site to our custom permitted url category that was created and the https portition works fine.  However some sites like webex to do a test and vanguard.com have issues loading period.  (i know its not their site because i have a laptop off the network and they load up fine.)

Also we are having a HUGE problem with the PA box not allowing some emails out.  Email sits in our queue until I add the site to the permitted url category and then it sends out.  Is this a common thing?  Ive done searches on brightcloud and all the sites so far are high rated or "safe" :smileyconfused:

1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

I called up support and a technician by the name of Scott helped me go through my configuration.  Apparently the person who set this up was using some custom url categories.  We had to delete the orginial url filtering policy and then the custom filters and make a new one up. So far things have been running smoothly!  Waiting to hear from the users.

One thing I noticed that really annoys me is a user was trying to make some purchases from amazon.com, the site was hanging still after I made the changes.  I looked through the URL filtering and saw that some amazon.com images are coming up in the unknown categories which was causing the page to hang.  I set unknown to allow and so far its been quiet in my office.  Too quiet *shifty eyes*  :smileymischief:

As for the email addresses im hoping the changing of these rules will allow email to flow freely to legit sites.

Side note I would like to thank Scott for being patient with me and helping me with the issue.  I really do appericate it! Smiley Happy

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!