Stop routing if PBF monotoring is down PA-500

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Stop routing if PBF monotoring is down PA-500

L0 Member

First post to this forum!

I have a PA-500 and 3 ISPs. 2 of the 3 VLANs are forwarded using PBF (VLANs 10 & 30 ) and the third uses the default route (VLAN 20).

My (simplified) configuration is as follows;

VLAN10 - PBF to ISP 1 fail-over to default if the monitor address is unreachable. <- This is working OK

VLAN 20 - No PBF, direct to the default route  (ISP 2). <- This is working OK

VLAN 30 -  PBF to ISP 2 wait recover and disable if unreachable 

If ISP 2 goes down I want to prevent VLAN 30 from being routed to another ISP. I have created another PBF rule below this one to 'discard'. Is this the correct configuration to achieve this or is there another way this should be configured?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Hi James ,

Create a PBF policy for VLAN 30 to route through ISP2 and monitor unchecked.Capture.PNG

Regards,

Ram

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

Hi James ,

Create a PBF policy for VLAN 30 to route through ISP2 and monitor unchecked.Capture.PNG

Regards,

Ram

It really was that simple. Thank you!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!