Support license -who own serial number

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Support license -who own serial number

L4 Transporter

Hello , We have a customer B who was earlier supported by a Company X 

Now customer renewed all the Licenses -Threat Prevention , GP , URL filtering etc through our company Y ( We are PA Partner)  and also the Support contract with us ;

As per customer Company X is/will be  supporting them Break and Fix contract .

So can i add the serial numbers into our company account now ?   

Also , customer is asking us if we as company Y can also add permission(email id ) for company Y to open support cases .Can we do it ?

This is a confusion still . I tried to add serial numbers but it says  This serial number is already registered.

Can someone guide how this works when Customer renews licenses and Support through another Partner

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

ANy Thought ?

Hi @FWPalolearner ,

The only way I am aware of is to use "Transfer Ownership" button. The only problem is that "Company X" (which currently owns the lincese) needs to do it.

The steps are simple:

1. Select the asset in question and click on the Serial Number

2. At the bottom of the newly opened window there is button "Transfer Ownership"

3. Enter email for contact under the "Company Y" account

4. Under "Company Y" account - login with the user which email was used in previous step.

5. Under Assets, there should be tab/button saying something like "Device Pending approval"

As I mentioned this needs to be triggered by Company X.

If you don't want to contact "Comapny X" or if for some reason you can't - you better open case to Palo Alto, using Admin for technology. Try to explain the situation and they should either transfer the license for you, or explain that is required.

Hi @aleksandar.astardzhiev 

Thanks .

Regarding ownership , this is clear ;

but we as a Partner - can we add another Partner's email address so that they can only see and open  case for our common customer .

Although we own the support  but hands and feet is with another partner . 

So can we add an external email address and give them permission

@aleksandar.astardzhiev  

we as a partner - can we add another partner email address in our account and restrict their access to only 2 firewalls ?

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!