Symantec real time scanning not recognized after upgrading to globalprotect 5.0.5

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Symantec real time scanning not recognized after upgrading to globalprotect 5.0.5

L0 Member

Anybody else having problems with GP clients not connecting after upgrading globalprotect to 5.0.5? It looks like 'real time scanning' feature of our Symantec endpoint protection is not being recognized and therefore HIP profile not matching. 

3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

To troubleshoot the issue, you can check if HIP Match is taking place as expected, by checking the HIP match logs.

You can also check the full HIP Report by running the below command from CLI:

> debug user-id dump hip-report ip <IP-Address> user <Username> computer <Computer>

To know exactly what to type for the needed fields, you can navigate to "Network > GlobalProtect > Gateways", and then click on "Remote Users", identify the user and fill in according to the below mapping:

<IP-Address> --> Private IP

<Username> --> Primary Username

<Computer> --> Computer

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Alaa Amarin

Focused Service Engineer | Palo Alto Networks | MSc, PCNSE
Working hours: Mon-Fri 09:00 – 18:00 CET (GMT+1)
Support Numbers: EU: +31 20 808 4600, International: +1 408 738 7799
https://support.paloaltonetworks.com

Thank you Aamarin. I already checked HIP and debug hip commands. It seems like we are running into a bug. TAC is investigating, but I was curious if anybody else has experienced similar. 

I am facing the same issue on GP client 5.0.6, I am running Symantec 14.2 version on my Mac

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!