systemd-resolved support for GlobalProtect Linux

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

systemd-resolved support for GlobalProtect Linux

L0 Member

My system is using systemd-resolved to manage name resolution.

my /etc/resolv.conf is a symlink to /run/systemd/resolve/stub-resolv.conf

When I connect to GP, my systemd is not aware that new DNS server and search domains are available.

Is there a way to support this ? (like a post connection hook script)

(note that /opt/paloaltonetworks/globalprotect/network/config/resolv.conf is properly filled)

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@mickael,

I'm not actually sure that the Linux application supports the ability for post-connection scripts. This would be a relatively easy script to do though, as you would simply modify the symlink between GlobalProtect's resolv.conf and and stub-resolv.conf. I'm just not sure that the Linux agent actually supports the ability to run scripts like the macOS and Windows agents. 

L0 Member

Distribution-specific resolution, but on Ubuntu 17.10 and onwards, the package 'resolvconf' needs to be installed. Work was done between Ubuntu 17.04 and 17.10 to ensure that 'resolvconf' would integrate seamlessly into 'systemd-resolved', as a ancillary process to help integrate applications and configurations with systemd.

I have confirmed this in our environment, with 18.04 and 20.04 working exactly as required once the 'resolvconf' package is installed.

This really helped. Thank you so much!!

• 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!