TACACS user authentication on WF-500

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

TACACS user authentication on WF-500

L0 Member

Hi Team,

The customer has a query about whether if is it possible to configure TACACS user authentication through WF-500. 
The customer has no panorama setup or anything he was able to successfully configure on Palo Alto NGFW but not on WF-500.

I request you to kindly provide some updates on this issue.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks & Regards

Roshini J

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you @RJ274  for posting question.

I was researching this topic in the past. As per documentation for all the releases, the WF-500 has the only external authentication option and it is RADIUS. Since customer does not have Panorama deployed, this is out of question as well. Also, since RADIUS and TACACS+ are totally different protocols, I do not believe there is any dirty solution to come up with protocol conversion/translation, so I do not believe this customer request is not possible to fulfill.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!