Tackling Google Stadia

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Tackling Google Stadia

L0 Member

Greetings all,

As I'm sure most are aware Google launched Stadia this week. Has anyone had any luck with blocking access to this service without hindering the use of other Google resources? I know this will be a temp fix due to eventually it will be present in apps and threats but any help/advice would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Maybe watch what URL's are getting hit from someone using it? But would be nice to know :). I currently block the Games applications and URL's. Perhaps it will catch it?

• URL: stadia.com

• Category: Games
  • Description: Sites that provide online play or download of video and/or computer games, game reviews, tips, or cheats, as well as instructional sites for non-electronic games, sale/trade of board games, or related publications/media. Includes sites that support or host online sweepstakes and/or giveaways.
  • Example Sites: www.gamespot.com, www.xbox360.ign.com, www.1up.com

Regards,

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Well, I would block traffic to the domain name first, if you think that would be a first step.

Maybe look at traffic and determine what apps (unknown or not) are being used.

Custom URL category (set to block)

Those are the first things off the top of my head.

Next is wireshark it and create a custom application to detect/block. 

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

L1 Bithead

Hi William,

do you find out the application which is used for Google Stadia? I think it is rtp-base. Do you agree?

If I block the URLs stadia.com and stadia.google.com, it can't be accessed anymore.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!