Teamspeak 3x file transfers failing but VOIP works

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

Teamspeak 3x file transfers failing but VOIP works

L3 Networker

Teamspeak 3 has an existing app-ID that works for people connecting to use the VOIP features but it fails when they try and use the file transfer feature.  The session on the client looks like it tries to start but then fails.  When I check the traffic log on the firewall I can see the application is being identified as 'unknown-tcp' with action 'deny'.  I have saved off a couple of the pcaps for the failed sessions but I don't know fix this.  

Please note you are posting a public message where community members and experts can provide assistance. Sharing private information such as serial numbers or company information is not recommended.
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

I havent used this application but here is how I treat other applications that may do something similar. First I would make sure I also set in the same policy some type of destination, URL filtering, or DNS entry, IP not so much since its probably cloud and changes a lot. Then in the same policy allow the 'unknown-tcp' application. This way the policy is still locked down to just what you need, ie URL, DNS destination, etc.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

I havent used this application but here is how I treat other applications that may do something similar. First I would make sure I also set in the same policy some type of destination, URL filtering, or DNS entry, IP not so much since its probably cloud and changes a lot. Then in the same policy allow the 'unknown-tcp' application. This way the policy is still locked down to just what you need, ie URL, DNS destination, etc.

Hope that helps.

That's a good work around.  Would be nice if the app-id recognized it though.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

You can submit a request for a new app-id.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000Clu2CAC

Regards,

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!