Terminal Service Agent Support

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Terminal Service Agent Support

Not applicable

Hi,

I am looking for the list of supported terminal services for the user agent.

I have the following servers:

a. 2000 Servers running Terminal Services
b. 2000 Servers running Presentation Server 4.5
c. 2008 Servers running XenApp6

I know that the Windows terminal services is fine, but what about the Citrix ones?

Are these supported and if not, what are the timeframes for them?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

L4 Transporter

Hi Brett,

this is from the Release Notes from PAN-OS 4.0.0-b37

USER IDENTIFICATION FEATURES

Windows 2003 64-bit, Windows 2008, and XenApp 6 Terminal Server Support – The Terminal Server Agent used for identifying and controlling user traffic from a shared Citrix or Microsoft Terminal Server now support 64-bit operating systems in addition to the already supported 32-bit versions.

rgds

Roland

Thanks Roland,

Do you have any idea when 4.0 is due for release?

Hi Brett,

4.0 is out in beta now - due for GA in February/March time frame.

It is worth noting that you can run a 4.0 User-ID Agent against a 3.1.x Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewall.  You would only need this version for XenApp 6 from the list - the other servers could run User-ID Agent 3.1.x

Thanks

James

Great, thanks James,

Just double checking then, is the Windows 200 Terminal server supported?

Thanks

Hi Brett,

It should work fine on this, although it is probably advisable for the customer to upgrade for many other reasons Smiley Happy

Thanks

James

Hmmmm.... you wouldn't happen to know how I could get ahold of the 4.0 TS Agent?  The other agent won't work on a Server 2003 x64 machine.

It is currently in Beta - so you should contact your local Sales Team

Thanks

James

Hi James,

Seems 2000 is not supported. The agent msi installer fails as the MSI pre-req is for 2003 or above. I will have to feedback that an upgrade of the terminal services may be required.  :smileycry:

2000 is not supported.

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!