Terminal Services UserID on x64 servers

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Terminal Services UserID on x64 servers

L3 Networker

Is there any ETA on when the TS UserID client will support 64-bit Windows?  I have a 6 server Citrix farm, all running 2003R2 x64 and can't use the main "killer" functionality of the PA device because I can't differentiate my users...

We'd be happy and willing to run a beta release and/or help test software if there is anything available.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Support for 64 bit (and Server 2008) is targeted for early next year.

Mike

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

L4 Transporter

Support for 64 bit (and Server 2008) is targeted for early next year.

Mike

That has changed from what I was last told, but OK.  Smiley Happy

Any idea when the beta for this will start?  I really need the feature as it was kind of pitched as part of the product, and now I have to turn around and tell management "it doesn't actually do this yet because they don't support 64-bit yet."  They're going to scowl at me and PA...  You understand my pickle.  Smiley Wink

I'm in the same boat, I evaluated the device and tested it on a 32 bit Citrix / TS server however since then we've begun migrating to 64 bit Citrix / TS servers.  If there is a beta I'd love to get in on it too.  Oddly enought I'm in the same boat with management.

Not applicable

+1  Desperately waiting for the release in the new year, but it means we've lost at least one customer to MessageLabs due to this not being available.

To make this work for us on a Citrix x64 server I basically have a inside to outside policy that looks at those servers IP addresses.  Of course I can't report or monitor one specific user however the filtering is working with this setup.  It sure would be nice to have a x64 TS client sometime soon, <pokes palo alto userID guy>

Thanks EllettIT, however we really need Usernames for this customer.

On a similar theme, would we need to install the TS Agent on every Citrix server, or is there such a thing as a central Citrix management server that can see all the port-user translations? One customer has close to 100 Citrix servers running on VM machines.

I would say you would need the agent on each TS / Citrix server, that's how we're currently configured (only about 10 servers though)

L0 Member

It looks like there is a x64 TS client out now, anyone tried it yet with the new 4.0 OS?

L0 Member

Any news on the x64 client now that 4.0.1 is out officially?  It's listed in the release notes just not on the software downloads.

The TS 4.0 software was posted today.  Sorry for the delay,

• 1 accepted solution
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!