Third Party Remote Access VPN

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Third Party Remote Access VPN

L0 Member

Is there an official list of supported third-party VPN clients for remote access? Specifically is any version of the Windows native VPN client officially supported?

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

@Brad_Garczynski When you log into the appliance and look at the applications.  Filter on "remote-access" you can see applications palo has built specific applications to identify.  I'd saying ANY "application" is supported as long as the traffic follows the RFC for the specific protocol in any firewall Palo or otherwise.

Applications.PNG

Hello,

I am asking specifically about RA VPN clients that terminate to the Palo Alto, not clients that would use APP-ID to pass through it. I am just looking for a list of third-party clients such as Cisco AnyConnect, OSX Native, or Windows native clients that Palo Alto would officially support as an alternative to the Global Protect client.

Thank you,

Seems like a rather odd request.  Why would another vendor officially support anything other than their own software?  That's the point of the SSL VPN.

If you want Cisco, you buy Cisco.  If you want Juniper you buy Juniper.  

Supported platforms would of course have specific Windows/OSX software of a vendor's own product, ie...Global Protect.  Out of curosity are there other vendors that you're aware of that actually offically support a competitor's software connecting into their hardware?  

I'd just think a vendor's support team would look at you cross-eyed if you called up and said "I'm trying to load my AnyConnect .pcf file into my Palo Global Protect client."

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Brad,

The official list of supported VPN Clients would include PA's GlobalProtect Client. Even Cisco will not officially tell you that you can use any other VPN client except for AnyConnect. 

This question also would have two different answers to me. IF you setup an IPSec VPN connection and terminate it on the Palo Alto then hypothetically anything that included IPSec connection capabilities should work as long as they don't hard-code variables to work with their equipment. If you are trying to terminate GlobalProtect SSL connection through a third party then I'm pretty sure that isn't actively going to work. 

P.S I can see why you would want to do this, seeing as IMO I don't think the GlobalProtect client is user friendly, but I doubt your actually going to get this to work. 

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!