Throughput means through show system statics session.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Throughput means through show system statics session.

L3 Networker

Hello all,

I checked the throughput information of CLI > show system statistics session as part of a way to check real-time traffic volume in Paloalto during migration work.

There was an inquiry from the customer about exactly what the throughput figure identified through the Paloalto command means.

When you send 30 Mbps from a third-party network solution, you can see a throughput value of 50-60% by checking with the show system statistics session command in Paloalto.

What exactly does the throughput figure mean in the show system statistics session?

If anyone knows, please give me some advice.

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@JoHyeonJae,

The throughput being displayed is the aggregated throughput value for all dataplanes and slots on the firewall. 

@BPry 

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

But, I checked the contents you shared through in the knowledge base.

Customer firewall is configured with A-P and the link is in/out connected to each third-party network solution 1 and 2 via v-wire.

Third-party network solutions send traffic only to the active firewall. 

However, if I check the throughput information of both firewall, I can see the throughput not only in Active but also in Passive firewall
 as shown below.

So I wonder what exactly throughput means.

Thanks,

That's Because you have session synchronization enabled in your HA configuration.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!