Tools to convert the xml PA configuration to friendly format

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Tools to convert the xml PA configuration to friendly format

L3 Networker

Hello community,

Do you know any tool to convert the xml PA configuration to friendly format? maybe csv, txt, etc.

Best regards

Andres Padilla

Best Regards
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

One way is On CLI you can run the command:

PA>set cli config-output-format set

PA>configure

PA#show

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

One way is On CLI you can run the command:

PA>set cli config-output-format set

PA>configure

PA#show

L4 Transporter

Depends on what you want, I just created a python script to see all the security policy rules you can find it at my github

There is also some useful tools created in the community

Regards,

Gerardo.

using search function, you will be able to find at least 4 or 5 ways to do that.

I have a PAN config that is in json format that I want to implement on a PAN fw.  It seems that the fw will only take config in "set" command format or .xml.  Is there a way to drop this json config onto the fw, or convert it to a .xml format?

Got the same problem, captured a configuration backup by runing the 'show config running', and the (unfortunate) day came that I have to restore the config onto a new box, output is in json without the XML tags, so no luck ..

Has anyone ever replied to this issue of converting from json to the PAN XML?

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!