Traffic vs Threat Logs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Traffic vs Threat Logs

L1 Bithead

I am searching for the reasons behind the relatively large disparity between traffic logs and threat logs for specified traffic searches in splunk. Redirected sessions cant be a contributed factor when the firewall is set to "log container page only"

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

The threat logs compliment the traffic logs and have some different fields. Hope that helps.

Regards,

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@RonaldRichter,

What exactly are you asking here?

Traffic logs and Threat logs are completely independent of eachother as far as size goes. I might have a single traffic log due to long-running sessions that can generate dozens/hundreds of threats in its lifetime depending on severity. 

Thanks for the reply. Actually I am seeing the exact opposite, many more traffic logs versus threat.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!