Trouble uploading to tacupload.paloaltonetworks.com with SCP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Trouble uploading to tacupload.paloaltonetworks.com with SCP

L0 Member

Hoping someone can help me out. I've been on hold for ever 2 hours now unable to get support 😞 

Support wants me to upload some core files to the TAC Upload server directly from the Palo device, but I can't seem to successfully do it from SCP on my Palo device.

I tested that it's not a problem with the credentials by visiting tacupload.paloaltonetworks.com and I can log in to the web GUI to upload files. 

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClQOCA0

Following this article all I can get is either "Lost connection" after entering my case password (email) or a credential failure if I try things like adding the two 00s at the start like the article says.  

Further however, support asked for files from /opt/dpfs/var/cores/ and it seems that following the "scp export core-file management-plane" script I can only get files from /var/cores?

Does anyone have some advice here?

If I could retrieve the files from the Palo and upload them to the case that would be great, I'm not sure if there as anyway to just grab them from the Palo and upload them to the case via Web. I tried WINSCP'ing to the Palo, but that didn't work. 

1 REPLY 1

L0 Member

After being on hold 3 hours the music stopped playing.
I figured it out myself.
The directions are inadequate on the KB linked by support.

A directory can not be uploaded, nor can a wild card as this KB mentioned: https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClfUCAS

However that KB taught me that I can say management-plane or data-plane which got me to at least getting the right files.

For anyone that runs in to this in the future, you'll have to upload each file one at a time it seems, and if you read the article I link here you'll understand how to export from the management-plane vs the data-plane.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!