Truncate URLs for Reports

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Truncate URLs for Reports

Not applicable

Is it possible to truncate URLs for reports? Long URLs create reports that are impossible to read. I would like an option for truncated URLs for reports - maybe 100 characters. Right now 1 really long URL makes the entire report almost worthless because it's impossible to read.

Mike

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

There is an existing feature request for this.

FR ID 1370 - URL Column length limit in reports

Please contact your SE to vote for it.

Note: Please mark answers as "correct answer" or "helpful answer" if it helped in anyway.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L2 Linker

There is no settings available to truncate URLs for reports.

The dataplane can handle hostnames up to 62 characters for BrightCloud and up to 255 characters for PAN-DB. If you are using PAN-DB, then you will see string upto 255 characters long.

Helpful discussion and document

Re: URL length limitation in PAN-DB

Long URLs Categorized as Unknown

L4 Transporter

There are not too many customization options for the reporting.  This is something I have requested from our reps.

L2 Linker

There is an existing feature request for this.

FR ID 1370 - URL Column length limit in reports

Please contact your SE to vote for it.

Note: Please mark answers as "correct answer" or "helpful answer" if it helped in anyway.

Thanks

Thanks, this is what I wanted to know = doesn't currently exist, but there is a formal request for it.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!