Trusting QOS markings

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Trusting QOS markings

L2 Linker

will the PAN-OS automatically trust markings applied by other systems on the network or do I need to make a policy in addition to the policy on the rest of the network?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

so the answer is - by default it will not modify QOS markings but it will not honor them.. to honor them I will need to create a fully policy map in replication of my production network?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

L6 Presenter

Hi Kkeeton,

As per my knowledge, If PANW receives Packet with QOS marking  then by default it allows marking and do not strip them.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

thanks for response.. and to honor the markings from other devices?

Hi Kkeeton,

Yes, it process marking from other devices. Lets say if packet comes with QOS marking 2, than it applies respective QOS.

Let me know if that answers query.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

will it honor it so if a packet with QOS low marking and one comes in with QOS applied with higher marking, will it process the higher marking first?

Hi Kkeeton,

By default QOS is turn off, so it gives same priority to all packets regardless of marking.

If QOS is enabled than it can consider marking.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

and to "turn it on" so that it trusts and applies/honors the other systems do I need to make a policy or just apply max-bandwidth to the interface. as there is no "turn on check box" do I just make a default blank policy and apply the profile to the interface otherwise unconfigured?

Hi Kkeeton,

To process anything in QOS, its required to configure entire QOS policy. Refer following document.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-3439

Its not just one command ot turn on QOS, but its full configuration just like other platforms.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

so the answer is - by default it will not modify QOS markings but it will not honor them.. to honor them I will need to create a fully policy map in replication of my production network?

That is correct Kkeeton ...

L7 Applicator

You will find the details on QOS configuration and behavior here.

QoS in PAN-OS 4.1

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!